It’s been one of those lack o’ running type of days for me lately.. So I chose to Restart the Run once again. For my sanity’s sake.
Restart #Mission2014 shall resume in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1! Let’s go!
Here comes my first WhyIRun in 2014: #WhyIRun Cos getting back up again with your own inner strength, belief, effort & prayers — Priceless! So here’s to Good Health! Cheerios!
Right after this QuickAMRun, #RunningBuddy @k_santhi encouraged me to submit my running pics to SHAPE Magazine’s – and so I did!
So here was my submission for the Favorite Scenic Route contest.
Just this morning, I’ve completed my 10K at the North Eastern Riverine Loop (NERL) Park Connector (PCN) – What a coincident! 10K = Shape‘s 10th Birthday!
Here are my pics.. Hope you’ll enjoy them..
1. I started off my run from Punggol Park right after I sent my daughters to school. I like to call Punggol Park as My Version of Central Park. *hee2*
2. From Punggol Park, I made my way towards my destination – Sengkang Waterway. And the journey begins.. This is the stretch that will lead me to Sungei Serangoon Park Connector.
3. Welcome to Sungei Serangoon Park Connector
4. Perks of Running Outdoors – I get instant motivation from those around me. And this one’s definitely my favorite for I’d love to take part in duathlon and even triathlon in this lifetime! Who knows right? #WeRunnersDreamBIG! *wink*
5. I love big open skies like this..
6. There’s something about this tree, the sun and the open sky that caught my attention. Perhaps it reminded me of persistence. Though the tree has shed all its leaves, it still stand tall with the open sky and morning sun to keep it company. Just like running, where some days I’d feel so strong and complete – just like a tree with all its leaves but some days, I’d lose my running mojo and feel a little down with lack of motivation or not reach my goal, but I’d still press on.. For I know the good days will always come back if we just keep moving forward and not give up!
7. Up ahead from Sungei Serangoon Park Connector, is the Punggol Promenade Riverside Walk. You’ll know you’re there as you see the reservoir right next to you and that red bridge up front.
8. This is the place where all the makan places like Pit Stop, Seafood place and Popeye’s are situated. I’ve always passed by this stretch but never had the chance to stop and eat.. Well, for those who’d like to take a break and do some planking, you’ve come to the right place 🙂
9. The Red Bridge – The bridge that will lead you to Lorong Halus Wetland.
10. Welcome to Lorong Halus Wetland!
11. We learn something new each day! Yups! Even when we’re out running 😉
12. The Gorgeous View from the bridge.
13. Just as I stepped off the bridge, I couldn’t help but to notice this beautiful sight of nature – right here in our little red dot — What a sight! It’s just so awesome, no filter needed for this pic!
14. From Lorong Halus Wetland, I made my way towards Punggol Waterway Park. And this is the stretch along the park where new HDB flats are still under construction – I can only imagine how awesome it’s gonna be to live right on the NERL PCN! Super awesomeness of the Runner’s kind! *lol* Well, at least for me :p
15. This is the Waterway Point. The Upcoming mall with its integrated waterfront residential and retail, which will include Singapore’s first basement cinema! It’s targeted to be ready in 2015 – I so can’t wait for this! 😀
16. We may not have Sunset Blvd. but we do have Sunset Strip! *hee2* Next stop, destination – Jewel Bridge! Another 450m ahead!
17. I spy with my little eye – The Jewel Bridge!
18. View from the Jewel Bridge – It’s so Cinderella-Inspired don’t you think? 😉
19. Here’s one last stretch before I reach destination: Sengkang Waterway. This is the long, shady Punggol Park Connector, where you get to hear the birds chirping, chameleons crossing path right in front of you.. Love this stretch!
20. And finally.. here we are – Sengkang Waterway..
21. I dunno if this is ‘World’s Biggest Mangosteen’ ever but it’s such a cute sitting area right on the waterway.
22. And yes.. Finally.. That’s Me all fully-pumped with endorphins and MissionAMRun Accomplished!
23. After months of losing my running mojo, it sure feels good to be back on track!